Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sea Glass Sunrise - Review

Sea Glass Sunrise
Written by: Donna Kauffman
Stars: Five
Recommended: Definitely
More Books from this Author: I Can not wait for the next book in the series to come out!


Sea Glass Sunrise was an awesome way to start out the Brides of Blueberry Cove series. I am usually drawn to stories with a small town feel and this was one of them. I enjoy the connection between family and friends in small towns, maybe because it was not something I experienced growing up.

After being completely humiliated personally and professionally, attorney Hanna McCrae is headed back to her home town of Blueberry Cove. She is back for her brother's wedding, but will soon let her family know she is home for good. Her homecoming is not as smooth as she would like though, a traffic accident leads her straight to Calder.

Calder Blue a is on his way to Blueberry Cove to learn more about a new business venture and find out how to end a 200 year old family feud. Running into Hanna was not part of the plan, but it is making him rethink his quick trip into the Cove, will it be permanent?

There was a lot going on in this novel including a wedding, an arson, family feuds, and many new characters from family to townsfolk friends. It was a little hard to keep up, but it kept the story interesting and made me not want to put the book down. It also introduced new characters that will be a part of the rest of the books in the series. I have heard that it is easier to keep up with the stories and characters if you first read the Bachelors of Blueberry Cove, which I have not have the chance to do yet.

I really enjoyed this novel and the first book I have read by this author. Getting started on the first series will be my next step before book two of Brides of Blueberry Cove come out in September.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS